Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I spent allll my savings

So it's been a year since I wrote a blog post...time flies I tell you. What have I been doing this whole time? Well work got crazy busy, I saved a lot of $, and then I decided to go to grad school...

Now I'm 3 weeks into grad school getting my MBA and I want to document this experience and regurgitate all the great lessons I'm learning inside and outside the classroom. Of course I'll keep this as money related as possible.

First lesson: quitting your job and going back to school means being poor. very poor.  And, I need to get used to it. All that savings slowly shrinking away.  The good thing is, tuition is paid and I only owe my mother a fraction of the total tuition.  Somehow through my AmeriCorps stipend, my IDA savings, my regular savings, a scholarship and a little bonus from my aunt I managed to bring the tuition down dramatically.  However, now I'm attending school in one of the most expensive cities in the world with no income and not a lot of savings.  My solution: learn how to invest over night and generate tons income. I can do it, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment