Monday, January 10, 2011

Mint.com

So, I was reading a book called, "Rule your Freaking Retirment" because for some unfathonable reason I am obsessed with retirment. And not because I want to retire as soon as possible, I actually am not planning on retiring until my late 60s. I just want to know that I'm saving my money effectively and besides retirment I haven't decided on any other savings goals. Hopefully this blog will help me figure out what I want to do and thus give me a more immediate savings goal.

well more on retirement later. I wanted to talk about Mint.com, which I googled after having read a section in the previously mentioned book. Since, it's only my first day using it, I can't make a complete assessment. But, as of now, I really like it!

Initially, you have to give the financial management program a lot of trust, because you let it connect to all your bank accounts. However, it says clearly that it's access is for reading purposes only. Another reassuring aspect is that my ING Direct account does not actually use login information, but has a seperate "access code" for such software. This way, Mint does not actually have my login information!

I like Mint.com because it asses your accounts and determines your budgets and savings possibilities. You can make personalized savings goals and you can even manage your investments. I have been wanting to anaylze the amount of money I spend on groceries, gas, clothes, and entertainment to see where I can cut back and how much I can comfortably set aside for savings.

Hopefully Mint.com will be useful for me!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment