Monday, May 16, 2011

grassroots leadership

Marin Equal Voice Leadership Conference

this weekend I attended a conference at which we learned about grassroots leadership and the equal voice campaign. It was really inspiring, but now what?? I learned a bunch of great tools that would motivate activism in people and could really enact change. The thing is...I need an area around which I can support activism.

I know that I can use my knowledge to start increasing voter turnout throughout my community. But is that enough?

Well either way I have gained knowledge about using media and social media effectively, I know a little bit more about how local government functions, campaigning and organizing winning campaigns, and social organizing.

I hope to explore this pathway soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment